Sit in any comfortable position (even on a chair) and place both hands in this position with the hands resting on the knees or thighs for 10 – 15 minutes. If resting quitely in this position for 10 -15 minutes is a challenge, start with 5 minutes. If this causes any degree of agitation, reduce the amount of time.
There are many purposes for using prana mudra:
- Assess the sensitivity of an individual to the movement of prana in the body.
- Increase/stabilize the flow of prana throughout the body.
- Promote physical wellbeing due to #2.
- Provide a distinct experience of prana allowing the recognition of who or what is recognizing the ever-changing flow of prana.
- Identify some activity that needs your attention (use the Recipe). Make sure it is immediate and obvious.
- Use prana mudra as described above.
- Immediately begin the activity identified in #1.